Thursday 3 September 2009

Chrismas is coming....

So no sooner am I back from my holidays, I'm sitting down making cards!

But what to make....?

Well, it's September already so that means only 113 days 'til Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And having recently bought the new Penny Black clear stamps ("In a Peartree") , I might as well give it a go :-)

And here they are...


Very simple but very effective, my plan was to make "affordable" handmade cards in packs for Christmas time. I don't think I'm far off the mark with these 10cm X 10cm cards.

I've varied the styles subtley....stamping christmasy words in burgundy Brillance ink on some backgrounds and leaving others blank.


I've coloured all the images using Twinkling H2O's ("Eqyptian Gold" really makes the pears stand out) and I've matted the images on to co-ordinating scalloped circles, cut using Nestabilities from Spellbinder. I've mostly stamped the images using Jet Black Staz'on, but occasionally, as in this one, I've used Timber Brown Staz'on for a less starker print.



And finally, I've finished the cards off with a co-ordinating grosgrain ribbon.



So what do you think?